Our approach to your pain therapy
Pain therapy for acute, chronic and postoperative pain
Search for causes through targeted diagnostics in our practice through
- detailed inquiry about the case history considering all previous findings
- a thorough exam of the body in order differentiate the symptoms e.g. to distinguish a cervical caused headache from a migraine.
- paying attention to the specific psychosocial problems, since pain is favoured or even shown frequently by psychologic and social stress factors
- imaging diagnostics like ultrasound (in our office), X-ray, CT measurement of bone density (for osteoporosis) and MRI (in cooperation with a radiologic office)
- laboratory e.g. when suspecting an infection, rheumatologic disease or in order to clarify whether an imunopathogenic pain syndrome like borreliosis after tick bite
Due to this we use the following therapeutic methods:
- interventional techniques such as epidural singleshot injections, periradicular injections (PRT), facet blockades, medial branch blocks for spinal problems by control of fluoroscopy (C-arm) or ultrasound-guided
- intraarticular injections of hyaluronic acid to improve the joint mechanics of hip, knee, shoulder, elbow, intervertebral joints, sacroiliac joint, etc.
- manual medicine, manual therapy, medical therapeutic training and muscular relaxation therapy
- drug therapy according to the WHO-scale : strength and character of the pain determine the dose, type and combination of medication
- autologous blood therapy mit PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) = therapy with autologous growth factors
- acupuncture and TCM including homeosiniatry
- high-dosed i.v.-application of vitamin C in cases of migraine or back pain
- TENS (transcutaneous electric nerve stimulation).
- supply with orthopedic devices
We treat your pain of
- joint pain
- menstrual pain
- back pain
- sports injuries e.g. tennis elbow, sprained ankle
What has to be observed, which risks do exist?
Many procedures require a thorough preparation and information of the patient. Side effects are possible,but very rare if the procedures are performed properly. In any case it has to be emphasized the benefit by missing pain and improved quality of life due to the procedures presented here outweighs the side effects.
The application of Botulinum toxine is a special form of therapy e.g. used in cerebral palsy and therapy resistant migraine, which is performed mainly in special departments of specific hospitals
Tumour pain therapy
Here we refer to the pain centres of the large hospitals, because there the close and medically necessary cooperation with oncologists and specialised surgeons is given.
Self-help for pain patients
Basic conditions are the self motivation and consequent execution of a commonly developed therapy schedule. After clarifying the causes it is important to avoid respectively to eliminate the pain provoking factors like stress. This happens by a specific pain recovery program which is developped together, discussed and furtheron adapted as well as optimized constantly by writing a pain diary. Among others reasonable measures are regular physical exercise, sleeping sufficiently, rest, relaxation and a balanced nutrition, in case completed by nutritional supply on orthomolecular basis.